Sunday 16 July 2017

13th Doctor Reaction

The wait is over, after much speculation and a Wimbledon Men's Final the 13th (unlucky for some) Doctor has been finally revealed... and it's Jodie Whittaker!

Jodie Whittaker is the Doctor. 

I'm a massive Whovian, being a fan of the show for over half my life and having Doctor Who DVDs (from all Doctors and categorised by time the serial was aired... most of the time), CDs (Big Finish rocks) and other merchandise in such large quantities that it's really out-growing my house and I need a TARDIS to fit it all in. Suffice to say Doctor Who is my life, so it'd be a bit silly for this to go without a response from me on this blog.

A surprising move, and one I very much endorse. The Doctor is finally a woman. It's been hinted at throughout Steven Moffat's tenure as showrunner, with the Corsair, the General and, most significantly, the Master (now Missy) becoming a woman but now, under the reign of Chibnall, a woman is finally the Doctor! This is a fantastic move and I'm sure girls all over the world will be overjoyed as they're finally represented by the Doctor.

Whittaker herself I only know from Broadchurch, where she put outstanding performances, so I have no doubt as to her acting capabilities and look forward to what she'll bring to the role.

Regardless, every incarnation of the Time-Lord thus far has knocked it out of the park, and I'm sure Jodie Whittaker will be no different, except that the Time-Lord is now a Time-Lady. I can't wait to see where the show goes with Chris Chibnall at the helm, but before then there's the Christmas Special, which looks amazing.

12 is still our Doctor until the 25th if December and Peter Capaldi has done a fantastic job. It'll be sad to see him go but "the moment has been prepared for".

No comments:

Post a Comment